Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Nuts...

Thus begins the diminished quality and value of my posts, but I must press on until Danny cries "uncle."

Anybody here like peanuts? You know, I think I've officially reached the "you might want to call an 800 number because you have a problem" stage with peanuts. No kidding, I simply can't stop eating them. I'm burning through about a pound a week. Is that a problem?

I've read that certain nuts, including peanuts, can contain aflatoxin, a carcinogenic poison. The jury seems to be out as to whether or not eating raw nuts is therefore a risk.

Favorite nuts, anyone? My top three are peanuts, cashews, and pistachios. Almonds get an honorable mention, whereas walnuts are a disgrace to the nut family. Macadamia have been overrated since Higgins did those Mauna Loa adds in the 80's. Pecans? They're the Michael Bolton's of the nut world: sure there's plenty of avid fans, but most are older women.

2 Comments:

Blogger danny said...

Thank you for making my point.

I'm an almond guy, myself. I remember being taught in school that almonds have that poison, so when I eat two boxes of Honey Bunches of Oats w/ Almonds a day, I'm pretty much paying the undertaker.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you need to join "PA", you really do have a problem. You even blog about peanuts!! I can help you through this issue! :)
WMG

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home