Monday, May 12, 2008

3.5 Random Things

[Chris Rock voice-over] Why 3.5? Because the man won't give me 95!

3.5: I joined a gym this weekend with the (high) hopes of starting to swim regularly. I'd much rather run, but a few years of that pretty much wrecked all of my joints. The plan is that I'll swim lots, the joints will get better, I'll run again, damage my joints, swim lots...sigh. Ah, the wheel of Samsara, she goes round and round (not really, but it was an appropriate metaphor).

3.0: Henry is a whopping 8 months old today, and is as close to crawling as you can be without actually crawling. Mom and I are bracing ourselves for significant changes once he's mobile.

2.0: We buried my grandmother this weekend, who passed away just one month shy of her 96th birthday. This was the first Christian family member of mine to go home, so it was an interesting mixture of sorrow for our loss and joy for her gain. She was indeed an amazing servant of the Lord. If it were possible to earn one's way into Heaven, I would think that she'd be in serious contention. She will be dearly missed, but praise be to God that she's enjoying His presence as I type.

1.0: Sesquipedalian (=one who likes to use big words). Great word of the day fodder, this one. To me it's also a great way to illustrate the Biblical concept of self-condemnation: If you call someone sesquipedalian, you're sesquipedalian. "Hello pot? Yes, it's the kettle. You're black." Another interesting thing about this word is it requires you to wear a monocle when saying it. At the very least, you need to be at a fancy party exchanging witticisms with other rich people between sips of an overpriced martini.

1 Comments:

Blogger danny said...

3.5 random things... genius!

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home