Monday, May 19, 2008

Swimmed, Swam, or Swum?

This is technically a "Random Things" post, but Danny got all, "Hey, quit stealin' my ideas!" on me and I was all, "You just stole it from Dr. Parrot anyways," and he was all "Yeah, but he stole it from Martin Luther," and I was all "Don't be bringin' m'boy Luther into this, yo," and he was all "Psha!" and I was all, "Whatev...L8R luza," and he totally, like, didn't have anything to say. Pfft. Anyway, I've decided to forgo rational numbers for the following list of random things:

Pi) Does anybody know the proper, simple past tense for "swim?" I don't. I think it's "swam." Since I'm a border line olympic-level swimmer now (see this post), I figure I'm going to need to use this word more often. E.g., it hurt when I swam today.

Euler's constant, e) Season finale of "The Office?" Wicked. Awesome. Season finale of "The Simpsons?" Solid. The "man scrunchy" bit got big laughs from me. The rest was good, quality Simpsons, but not great.

Phi, the "golden ratio") How safe or advisable is it for Christian(s) to co-opt other (esp. secular) cultural forms of music, art, etc.? I smell a post coming on this one.

The sqaure root of 2) The boy is officially mobile. Heaven help us.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Swam.

1:38 PM  
Blogger danny said...

As anonymous said, it is swam.

Wait, what did I steal from Dr Parrot? Does it matter that I never took him?

Besides, your fictitious dialogue is unrealistic; I would have thrown a "your mom" in there somewhere.

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The real question is: Which of you had to look that up to make sure?

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home